Jul 25, 2009

REVIEW: THE MONACO HEARTATTACK 7" in SCHIZO FANZINE # 01


at least it's an entertaining read:

Since I'm not really into this scene I thought it was best to do some research before I started with this review. Wikipedia - Screamo and Emo. It was really interesting because it is a genre who descend from the punk/hardcore scene. But I didn't know about any of those bands who was list on Wikipedia, but I said it from the beginning, this is not my scene even if I like brutal and screamy hardcore. The Monaco Heartattack from Malaysia are signed up on a German label, and the scene seems to be strong in Germany. When I listen to the music I get strong vibes that Im into a dark forest, and yeah, if I didn't know better I would probably count this music into black metal. My research also bring the question, are The Monaco Heartattack a band who lend all "true"/"early" emocore concept for their image or are they true by themselfes? It is vinyl/DIY/so emotional lyrics etc... I don't know, but I guess they are true to their scene since they say "Death to false emo". I really like the music but the concept disturb me even if I try to be objective. An "Emo" is not really popular in Sweden, I don't know how they are treated in other countries. I will not be surprised if The Monaco Heartattack will play on big festivals in Germany and France this summer because they are a band who make impressions, good or bad? That's up to you to decide. (schizo fanzine #1)

1 comment:

dekorlabor said...

hahaha, lange nicht gelesen.. ;)